Here is a small selection of common superstitions concerning pregnancy:
1. Don't take a bath if you are pregnant.
2. If the weather is stormy or the moon is full, you are more likely to go into labor, even if you are weeks away from your due date.
3. Avoid spicy foods — they can trigger labor before you are ready.
4. Avoid bumpy car rides — they can trigger labor; or, labor can be triggered by being bumped in the abdomen or by lifting groceries.
5. You can determine your baby's gender by the position of sexual intercourse when the baby was conceived, and by how your baby is situated in the womb.